CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Writing Contest

Jordan decided to enter a writing contest at school. I love seeing his writing style. It reflects him just perfectly! It had to be 500 words so we had to cut it way back, which meant we had to take some of the good "Jordanish" descriptions out of it. Here it is:

DEER HUNTING!

One day I was heading up to my grandma’s. In the car I was jumping up in my seat I was so excited because when I got to my Grandma’s it was going to be the first time I’ve deer hunted in my life.

Then we got there, “YES! We’re there! When are we going hunting dad? It smells colder here.”

Then I stated turning into an icicle so I ran as fast as I could into my grandma’s house. It felt as if I just popped into a furnace after being in a freezer for six long years. I was just dying of excitement while I was sleeping.

The next morning, my dad woke me up really early. We got in my grandpa’s truck and started off to our hunting ground. Then we got there and we walked and we walked and we walked . Finally I was so bored of walking I thought my head was going to fall off.

“Are we almost to our hunting stand?” I asked my dad.

“No, not yet Jordan,” my dad said.

We kept walking and walking and waking. There was brush all around us with moss on the trees. Finally we arrived and our deer stand was really, really tall.

“Should I go up first,” I asked my dad. I started climbing up the ladder, Are you coming dad?” I shouted.

We got up in the deer stand and started to wait. Then I asked my dad if he could get my pocket knife. He said, “No, we need to look for some deer. We just got here.”

“Oh come on dad, please?”

“Fine,” said my dad, “but you have to look for deer and if you see one I want to you whisper shout and I’ll come right back up.”

So my dad went down and got my pocket knife and came back up. “Did you see any deer Jordan?”

“No,” I replied.

Then my dad told me not to move. “I see a deer Jordan. I see it right there. It’s a doe and her baby in the cliff side in that clearing” dad whispered.

“Where, dad?”

“SHHHHHHHH, it’s right there” he pointed.

“Now I see it dad. Dad that looks like a grown one, but it looks smaller than the mom” I observed.

Then I asked if he could go get me a stick so I could make a spear so I could try and spear a deer.

“I’ll get you a stick Jordan. But you cannot spear a deer.”

So he went down and got me a stick and I started carving.

The afternoon was pretty boring. I only carved the entire time. I kept sharpening and taking off all the bark on my spear. Guess how many deer we saw? No more. Finally the end of the day came and even though we didn’t see any more deer, I was still happy that I stayed the entire day. I have fun spending time with my dad.