CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Grandma's visit




My grandma Mahle from Florida got to visit for several days. We had such a lovely time with her. My cousin Allison and I picked her up from the airport and got to have a nice quiet lunch with her minus my loud and busy children. I loved it because it gives us the chance to actually talk with her in a way we can't when we are being interrupted by children.

On Saturday we got to throw Grandma a 85th birthday party. There were 14 of us. Both of my mom's sisters got to be there. It was a special treat to have both Carla and Grandma there since we don't get to see either of them too often. We had a lovely soup super with some delicious dessert. But the best part was just getting to hang out with our family! It makes us wish that they lived closer and we could see them more often! The kids comments on how much laughter there is when everyone is together. Everything is funny including trying to take pictures :)











All four of the kids made posters to decorate the walls with. The one by Jordan is his "funny" one.





On Sunday, mom, dad, Carla and Grandma, met us for church at our church. After that they came over for lunch. I got to share what I love to do with them (cook) and got to see them again. We were so blessed by the amount of time we got to spend with them. With everything going on, we don't always get to see her so much, so we felt very fortunate and loved every minute!

No comments: