CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter



We were supposed to go up to Grand Rapids for Easter. Both Arlie and I had gotten pretty bad colds and were still getting over them, so we opted to stay home instead. We rested over the weekend and I think that helped! After a good church service, celebrating our Risen Christ, the real reason for Easter, we came home and the kids got to do their Easter basket hunt. This year I made them look up clues in the Bible. They would look up a verse and find the right word that was the clue.




Then they had to go and find the next clue based on that word. I'm not sure who had more fun, the kids or me watching the kids :) It took probably 45 minutes for them to get all 10 clues and finally find their basket.




This year I got them things that I wanted to do...like kites and water guns and flip flops :) Fortunately, they liked the baskets as well. After lunch, Arlie hide the Easter eggs out in the back yard. It was so funny watching them try to find the eggs. They'd be standing right next to them and not find them. We finally had to help a little.





I think we are still missing one. This year we decided not to do candy in the Easter eggs because I don't like them eating it and I don't let them have much. We gave them money instead and believe me it was a big hit!

There's nothing more that I love than a great family day together and Easter turned out to be just that. The kids got along really well. We had a nice relaxing time together. We missed seeing my parents, but loved our day regardless.

No comments: