CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Unanswered prayers

I was driving and listening to the radio. The song, Unanswered Prayers (I believe that is the name) was playing. The words are:

Sometimes I thank God, for unanswered prayers
Remember when your talkin' to the Man upstairs
Just because He doesn't answer, doesn't mean He doesn't care
Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.

It got me thinking of all the things I've prayed for over the years and never got answered. Many of them I can look back and be very thankful because God truly did have a better way and was in control of the situation despite what I thought at the time. It makes you think that when there is something you are praying really hard for, that maybe God's gift to you will be NOT answering it. Maybe we won't even know it until years down the road, but ultimately we see the small picture and He see the WHOLE picture. It does make me feel better to be thankful instead of frustrated when God has a different plan than me than I think He should. So...Thank you God for not always answering my prayers!

No comments: