CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Adventures of Jordan and Gramps


Gramps (my dad) used to do what he called "boss dad days". I got to pick what I wanted him to do and he'd do it with me. He did that for Jordan the last time he was down here. So...they (Jordan with my dad following) decided to go for a walk to Jordan's school. When they were almost there they past an apple blossom tree with a lot of blossoms on the sidewalk. Jordan picked up some handfuls and then decided that what he really wanted to do was go to the ice cream store and see if they would trade some apple blossoms for a triple decker cone (that's right...my boy shoots for the moon :) ). He figured because the blossoms smelled so good maybe they could sell the blossoms for Mother's day. Well...apparently at the ice cream store they told him that they didn't think it was a very fair trade and they couldn't do it. He left them a couple of blossoms as a tip. Not letting that discourage him, he decided to go to Little Caesars. There he would ask for a 2 liter of Dr. Pepper, Root Beer, 2 pizzas and some cheesy bread...in exchange for some apple blossoms. He patiently waited for his turn, but again they told him that they couldn't do it, it wasn't a good trade for them. He left them some blossoms as well...as a tip. Well he was born with a pretty stubborn streak, so he decided to go one last place:Blockbuster and see if they would trade him six (not one, but SIX) monster movies for some apple blossoms. Apparently they gave my dad a very strange look, but he just shrugged his shoulders. They told him that no they wouldn't do that for him. He walked out and then remember that he forgot to leave a tip. Gramps told him that he was probably ok not leaving one there, but Jordan was determined that they really needed one. So he went back in and left all the rest of the apple blossoms he had. They walked home without anything.

The only thing that I wish is that I had witnessed this :) After hearing the story from Jordan, I told him how proud of I was of him. It takes guts to keep going and keep trying even after people had told him no because you never know what you might get unless you try!

1 comment:

amanda said...

I absolutely love this... what a great kid! And what a great story to write down.