CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bell Museum

Sydney's class got to go on a field trip to the Bell Museum off the University of Minnesota campus. I love Kindergarten because they don't limit the number of chaperons (in Jordan's class they draw names and my hasn't ever been drawn :( ). I had another mom and 10 kids with me. We spent a good 3-4 hours there and they didn't get to even see a portion of the museum. It is filled with dioramas.
The student tour guides were great. They played games to show how different animals got their food or different habit of the animals.



They have a great touch and feel room where the kids can literally touch almost everything in the room. You could spend hours just in that room.


They did a presentation for the kids about the differences between moths and butterflies. I learned something new and hopefully the kids did as well. I love getting to see Sydney interacting with her friends and getting to know her classmates. It was a fun day :)

No comments: