CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My mom

A lot of people say that once they become a parent they are really thankful for their parents because they now realize just how tough it is and what a good job they did. I did come to appreciate my parents more after I had kids...however, my mom was honestly so great that I remember bragging to my friends, and people that I knew, about how my mom was the perfect mom. She was patient and kind. Loving, even in her punishments. She laughed a lot. She always included us in what she was doing whether it be cooking, cleaning, crafts...we got to do it to (which me begin a control freak understands that having kids help you is NOT always a help :) ). She ALWAYS seemed to have time for us, whether it was reading our bedtime stories (when it was sad, she would start crying and dad would have to finish reading it...if it was happy sometimes she'd laugh so hard, we couldn't understand her) or watching our many, MANY dance routines and performances. She was encouraging and proud of what we did. She had a great balance, in my opinion, of keeping the house clean to teach us not to be pigs, but knowing that there are also more important things to do than always cleaning. She let us be kids, but taught us responsibility. She had the patience to teach us all the way from K-11th grade (for me), which I know wasn't easy because I would get very frustrated when I didn't know something. She made life fun. She is the most giving person I know. She would give the shirt off her back if she thought someone could use it, and yet she is so humble she wouldn't think that she did anything big. She taught me how to love, how to give, how to be a wife and mom that is Godly, how to live life for the moments and appreciate all the things in life...little and big. I know this sounds cliche, but I would NOT be the person I am if it wasn't for her amazing influence on my life. My mom is the most amazing person I know. If I can become half the person she is, I'll be pretty proud! I love you mom!

No comments: