CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Science Museum Field Trip



One thing I love about working from home and having my own schedule is being able to chaperon the kids' field trips (when my name is drawn). When Jordan was in 2nd grade I wasn't able to go on any of his trips which bummed him out greatly. So this year, when my name got drawn, I knew I'd better take advantage of it. I was assigned 5 kids. I was pretty nervous because the Science Museum is rather large and one of my greatest fears is losing a kid. The kids were awesome. I had Jordan and his friend Brandon and then 3 girls: Emma, Emma and Kaitlyn. I was trying to decide how to go about letting them see the exhibits. I realized that they are old enough and mature enough to just tell them, stay in one section and then find me when they want to leave. It was perfect. They felt like they had freedom. I wasn't stressed out trying to keep a kid at an exhibit they were bored with and we all had a blast. Best of all, I didn't lose any kids :) I saw many other chaperons that looked very stressed while trying to keep every kid at arms length! We went to the Omni theater movie about Mummies. It was pretty good. My favorite part was the gasps from the kids when it first started and they finally got to see how LARGE the screen really was! My absolute favorite part of the day was when Jordan came home with "thank you" notes from the kids. I just have to share them, as they are written, because they are so fabulous!.





"Dear Mrs. Norwood, Thank you very much for chaperoning me and the group. I enjoyed visiting the water current exhibit at the science museum and seeing Mummies at the Omni Theater. Personaly, I thought the real Mummy was creepy, I'm glad they don't mummifie people anymore. Sincerely, Emma."

"Dear Mrs. Norwood, Thank you for chaperoning me. I really enjoyed the tugboat, water current, human body, and the Omni Theater. I like the way you let me explore the exhibit and let me see the real mummy. Sincerely, Kaitlin"

"Dear Mrs. Norwood, I had lots of fun in the human body and the tugboat exhibit. But he thing I liked about them was that movie and the boat game. I wish we could go to the King Tut exhibit. Thanks for helping us. Sincerely, Jordan"

"Dear Mrs. Norwood, Thank you for chaperoning. You did an irresistible job! My favorite part was when we went to the Omni Theater. I liked how you let us visit the exhibits. Thank you very much! Your the best! Sincerely Emma."

"Dear Mrs. Norwood, I appreciate you going out of your way to come and chaperone. Thank you for letting us explore the dinosaur exhibit, the tugboat and the water current. I just want to say that you were the best chaperon ever, and i liked the real mummy exhibit. Sincerely, Brandon."

Aren't they so CUTE! Love it :)



No comments: