CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 24, 2011

Last Field Trip of 1st grade





Typically there are only 3 parents drawn for any field trip. I didn't expect to go with Sydney's class because I got to go on her fall field trip. I found out that I could come if I just paid the admission to go. It was at the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum which is a fabulous place to have photo shoots, so I decided it might not be a bad idea for me to go and scope it out in the spring in case I get a client on the south side of the cities. Sydney woke up not feeling great. She didn't have a fever, but had been up all night coughing. Since I was driving separately and the field trip was outdoors and not in an confined area, we let her go. The poor girl had no energy. This place is huge and requires a lot of walking. I ended up giving her a piggy back ride almost the entire time we were there. She was happy and trying to have fun, but was completely worn out from being up all night. They get the chance to walk around for a couple of hours and explore whatever they want and then they listen to a presentation. They got to plant two different plants...an annual and a perennial. The annual was a sunflower and the perennial was a coca bean plant. (They both died ended up dying before we got them in the ground at home...ok truthfully, I put them on the porch, way to close to the ground and Rio found them and chewed them up...oops). Then they got to go around and take a closer look at spring flowers and trees. They do such a great job with their presentations! The time flies by when we are there and before we know it is already time to go home. I gave Sydney the option to ride home with me or on the bus (which she seldom gets to ride on). I knew she was really sick when she decided to ride home with me. She ended up staying home from school the next two day :( At least she got to go and have fun. I was thankful I went with so I could help her enjoy it more by being her own personal horse :)



No comments: