CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Blaine Junk Carnival




Every year our neighborhood has a HUGE garage sale weekend. There are over 250 sales. Along with the garage sales there are food vendors, other vendors, biffy's set up around the neighborhood, jumping castles for kids, Mascots walking around and tons and tons of people. There are cars lined up and down the streets, people pulling wagons, strollers and carts. People traveling by foot, bike, golf cart, and 4 wheelers. It's absolute craziness. It's a super fun time to people watch. My favorite are the scopers. They drive around and look for specific things like furniture or small motor things like our broken down snow blower that doesn't work ;) They drive in a big truck and slow down at every sale to see if they have what they want. If they do, they sometimes pull over...sometimes just stop and jump out. Ask how much you want, whip out the money, load it up and are off to grab the next thing. I think they are extremely entertaining! It's always the first Saturday in May if you ever want to experience the Junk Carnival first hand. It's pretty phenomenal.

The pictures aren't very good because I didn't want to bring a big camera out and have people wonder why I'm taking random pictures of them. I brought out my little junky point and shoot and held it at my waist and took them like a spy :) What can I say? I'm sneaky :)











No comments: