CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 20, 2011

I wasn't expecting that.....



My kids came home from school in April with a flier for a run/walk club that was going to be taking place for 6 weeks at school. I looked at it and thew it away because they haven't liked going for walks or runs with me and I figured of all things, this would be one thing they would have no interest in. Boy was I wrong. I couldn't believe it when they both almost begged me to allow them to be in the run/walk club. I sat down with both of them and said, "You do realize that you have to run or walk the entire 30/45 minutes...right?" They said they knew it and wanted to anyway. I was happy because I want them to like to walk more, but inwardly I wondered how they would do. They had it for 60 minutes (including all the checking in and extra stuff) every Thursday for 6 weeks. The first week they did a lot of instruction and only ran about 15 minutes, but they ran the whole time. The next week, they ran for 30-40 minutes straight. As the weeks got warmer out, they ran less and less. They were always moving and I think may actually enjoy running to some degree (Jordan says he loves talking and hanging out with his friends, but not the running). I was just proud that they did it. The run/walk club was the largest in the schools around here. There were 163 kids that participated in it. It was a huge success! I think my kids may even want to be in the fall club. I wasn't expecting that!

No comments: