CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Mother's Day




Mother's day is always fun because the kids and Arlie have fun spoiling me. My morning started with coffee in bed (I finally convinced the kids I don't need a huge breakfast and i don't enjoy eating in bed ;) ) and with gifts. My favorite gifts are always the fun homemade things they make me or things that they write that describe me.

I had to teach my toddlers at church so I asked Arlie and the kids to help me for Mother's day. They did and it was fabulous. It was so nice having them in there and it made it so much easier with all the additional help. After that we went to Osaka and had Sushi and Hibachi. We had a "dream roll" which was just that...Dreamy. Note to self: The dream roll is 2 on my sushi delicious list.





The thing I love to do the most is be outside and go hiking. Unfortunately when we got out of Osaka....it was rainy :( YUCK. We decided to go to a movie. We had a groupon to go to the New Hope Cinema. They were playing the movie Hop and we thought the kids would love it. They did...I thought it was really dumb. Typically I can handle kids movies, but this one wasn't one I'd want to watch again. Thankfully I loved watching the kids watch it. I love watching their expressions and the joy they get out of silly moments in the movie. That part made me very happy.

Fortunately after the movie the rain had stopped. We went and found a cool spot in Maple Grove that had a Frisbee golf course and walked around there for awhile. Definitely my favorite part of the day. I made the kids pose for some pictures, we got a little muddy, and found a great place to come back to. The kids played at the playgroup. Arlie and I hung out and admired a tree that we decided we wanted in our yard...however, we have yet to figure out what it is. Dad? ;) After putting the kids in bed, we watched a chick flick. It was a lovely day. Nothing like being spoiled and adored all day! I love my family! I could do pretty much anything and if it was with them, I'd enjoy it (even Monopoly and Swimming ; )).






No comments: