CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 24, 2011

Girls weekend

Arlie and Jordan went away on a camping trip with the Royal Rangers from all across Minnesota. This left Sydney and I home for a wonderful girls weekend. On Friday night Sydney had a sleepover with two of her friends. She had an agenda (poor girl is so much like me, she can't help herself). I tried to explain that her friends might not want to go according to her schedule and she could maybe just suggest things to do and see what they want to do. She went with that, but really wanted to go according to her list...she even checked it off her list when they did something from it. Saturday after the kids left, we went shopping for some summer clothes and then drove up to Sandstone to pick up plants for our garden from my dad (and we got to see Great Grandpa too!).






The weather was looking kinda scary in the morning but we when we headed up to sandstone it was sunny. We stayed at Grandpas for a couple of hours and then headed out to dinner. Our new thing while waiting for whatever is to play hangman. Sydney likes to use "sweet" words for the words she chooses.


By the time we got done with dinner, the clouds were crazy and I knew I had waited too long.



The rain started shortly after we left. I drove slowly home because the rain was so strong, the lightening was amazing and there was a lot of it. I had to pull over a couple of times because it was too bad for me to drive. We were so thankful when we got home safely (finally!).





Sunday we went to a bead store to get some beads to make jewelry. While we were there, the tornado sirens were going off. It was in Maple Grove and apparently there was a touch down about 8 miles from where we were. I had no idea the weather was supposed to be that bad again. Craziness. We waited out the storm in the jewelry store. I've never been to an actual "bead" store. It's so cool. You could totally go crazy in one of those places. They had beads for every possible kind jewelry you could think to make! I can't wait to go back (unfortunately it's one of those places you have to really watch because it can add up fast if you're not careful). When we got home the boys were back. Sydney and I, despite all weather, had a sweet time together. We did lots of laughing, talking and just hanging out. I love that little girl!




No comments: