CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sydney's Track and Field



Sydney had been talking about her track and field day for WEEKS! Every day she would ask how many more days until track and field. She was so excited. I was looking forward to watching her because I knew she'd do really well in it. She just loves doing sporting events. When I showed up to school she looked really nervous or something. I couldn't quite figure it out. She seemed more mellow than normal. She did the first 3 events ok and then came over and told me she had a sore throat. It had been so sore that she couldn't eat lunch because it hurt to eat. It happened to be really hot out so she was super hot too. I couldn't tell if she had a fever. I asked if she just wanted to go home, but she thought she could maybe do a little more. Mostly she sat in my lap in the shade with her head down. It was very obvious she wasn't feel good. I felt so bad for her becuase she had been so excited. You could tell she was actually sick because she didn't seem too bummed that had to miss anything. In fact when I told her I was sorry she couldn't do one of the events, she said, "It's ok, I did it in practice". Poor girl. She did enjoy the events that she participated in. I brought her home after that and she did end up with a fever and was sick for about 4 days :(

No comments: