CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Memorial Weekend


We actually stayed home for Memorial weekend this year. Crazy I know...but sorta nice and relaxing :) We started out the weekend buying flowers and planting them. The kids "helped" me and honestly...did actually do quite a bit to help. Having fresh beautiful flowers on my porch is one of the highlights of my summer. I love my herb garden and use the herbs all summer as well. It was a gorgeous weekend.



The kids decided it would be a good idea to put the sprinkler under the trampoline. It really didn't let too much water up, just enough that when you jumped you'd get a little bit splashed. I allowed it until the mud pile underneath was too much for me.


On Monday we went to Highland park to let the kids play at the chutes and ladders park. Well, I kinda didn't realize that everyone else had the same idea. The park was crazy crowded. We only stayed about 1/2 hour and then went to a beach across the road for the rest of the time. The kids swam with Arlie and I watched. We build a castle that turned into a deep hole (always a winning activity :). All-in-all we had a great time. Very relaxing. Forgot how much I love the beach (even if it's not in Hawaii :) ).

No comments: