CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

90 day Challenge

Our church has encouraged anyone who would like to, to embark on a 90 day challenge. It began June 6th. The challenge? Read through the entire Bible in 90 days. I decided to take up this challenge although I'm not sure my timing was the best (as my work is busiest in the summer) I'm excited. When I get busy with work, I don't always take the time I want and need to have with God, so this is one way that I ensure I am doing that. I figured if I put it on my blog that I'm doing this, I'd have people that would ask and therefore help keep me accountable. I'll try to update how I'm doing on a consistent basis. As of now we are on day 10 and I'm right on track :)

We are in the exciting book of Leviticus and although I'm not really excited about diving into the details of all the sacrifices and how you need to cut things and cook things I have observed something. What they had to do to sacrifice to God wasn't a simple easy thing. What they had to do involved work, involved time. It was VERY specific and to be done a certain way. I likened that to my "sacrifices" to God. Sometimes when I sacrifice to God I give him the leftovers. For example, when I was spending time with Him, I'd give him my leftover time, not the best time, not the most alert time. I wonder how many of my sacrifices are truly pleasing to Him. What if instead of sacrificing what I "deem" a sacrifice, I ask God what He'd like me to do and how He'd like me to do it. I may not like what I hear, but it would be a sacrifice that He would be pleased with. My sacrifices are pathetic attempts to just claim I've done something and not the best I can do. If God was so specific with what He wanted from them, I know He has something in mind specifically for me. Now to just hear his voice and do it :)

2 comments:

Jacqueline Washburn said...

I didn't know you had a blog! Now you've got another follower. :-) I love all the pics. Nathan and I started a 'read through the Bible' too. Although we aren't doing a 90 read through, we are going to try to finish by the end of the year.

Bob Ryan said...

Wow, Maia, good insights. I was just asking myself why the intense repetition of detail as I was in Exodus? I think you've given me the answer that the Holy Spirit was trying to drill into my brain. Thank you.