CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ordway date night


The kids has a silent auction at their school and we bid on 2 tickets to the Ordway for a dance performance. I talked to Arlie about it and we both came to the conclusion that I should bring Sydney as a Mommy and Sydney date night. (OK so Arlie wasn't too sad that he couldn't join me). I had a client meeting and then met Arlie with Jordan and Sydney at Arbys. We had a very fancy Arby's dinner and then Sydney and I went to the Ordway. I didn't tell her what we were going to be doing until we were sitting down eating. I thought she'd be so excited. She looked at me and said, "Oh, I thought maybe we were going to Brunswick zone or something". (which is a bowling alley ;)). The more I told her about it the more excited she got. It was going to be a Modern Dance company out of New York. Modern dance can be so weird, that i was just hoping it would still be entertaining for her. We got there early and played games while waiting for the show to start. We were two rows back from the stage....really great seats. She thought it was really strange sometimes (as did I), but overall loved it. It was only about an hour long which was perfect for her first time at something like this. After the performance they were going to explain what they were doing, unfortunately she was pretty ready to go and it was late on a school night. I just pretend I understood, although I can promise I didn't. Half of it looked like they were getting electrocuted....? Anyway, it was a fun date night with my fav girl!

posing on the stair inside the Ordway waiting for the performance to start



No comments: