CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Como Zoo

I love field trips. My name wasn't drawn to go on any of Jordan's field trips with him, so I was very thankful that in kindergarten they don't limit the number of parents that come with on the field trips. I got to go with Sydney to Como Zoo. I had Sydney and two of her friends. They were so good. It was strange. No one ran off or ran ahead; they walked with me and held my hand. (Can you tell I'm used to bringing boys?) We got to go the day of the opening of the new Polar Bear exhibit. The girls enjoyed seeing that. They also had a lot of extra activities because of the grand opening. They got their face painted, got to see a giant polar bear walking around, big ball bowling..etc. We had a picnic lunch and then I got to take Sydney home with me. I love those times together. One thing I've discovered about Como Zoo is that unless you really take time to watch the animals, you can be done seeing them in 45 minutes or less. hmmm.... :) I tried to get them to study the animals, but they weren't quite ready to do that. Maybe as they get older, they can learn the enjoyment of watching them and not just seeing them. :)



Sydney has a really fun class and I really like everyone of the kids. It's been a very fun class to volunteer at. Her teacher is amazing and we are sad she is leaving the school next year (all the cuts, she is going to a different school :()

No comments: