CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Sydney's First Day of School

Sydney started school on Wednesday. She is going to Northside Christian School. She officially is going to Pre-school, but I'm doing Kindergarten with her at home, so technically she's in Kindergarten. This is to see if she'll be ready for first grade next year, so she can be in the same grade with most of her friends. If we find out she's not ready, we'll keep her in Kindergarten next year, but for now our goal is first grade next year. Sydney's teacher is Mrs. Munala. She is from Kenya Africa. She likes to call her pre-schoolers "College kids". When I first heard this I thought we might have problems with either Sydney wondering why since she hasn't even gone to school yet, or Jordan telling her she really isn't a college kid. I asked Sydney about it on Wednesday after school.

Me, "Sydney, does your teacher call you collage kids?"
Sydney, "Yes she does, how did you know?"
Me, "She told me."
Sydney, "Mom, why does she call us college kids. Does she think i live in college?"
Me, "I think she just likes to, she knows you're not really in college."
Sydney, "But mom, do you think she thinks I live in college, because I don't live in college, I live in Blaine, Minnesota."

3 comments:

Allison said...

She looks so cute. What's her preschool schedule? Every day? Half days?

Maija N said...

M,W,F 9-12. The couple of hours goes fast. What's Ellie's schedule?

jess said...

amazing. so......precious ;) haha. That was for you.