CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 12, 2008

GUNS!

I got Arlie a 22 pistol handgun for his birthday this year. I really am not a fan of guns. In fact, I can't remember the last time I shot one. I haven't really even held a gun besides maybe handing it to Arlie when he is getting ready to go hunting, but it's normally in it's case then. We were up in Duluth for the weekend. I had a wedding I was shooting up there. Arlie brought his gun and on Sunday asked if i wanted to come out with him and watch him shoot. So I went out there and then he says, "Do you want to try?". I freaked out a little and got pretty nervous and couldn't pull the trigger. Arlie put his hand over mine and pulled the trigger for me so that i knew what it felt like. After that I shot several times. Then I put a leaf on the target. If you notice there are 4 holes in the leaf. It's not that good, since i shot at it 10 times, but for not having shot a gun in over 20 years...not half bad!

1 comment:

Allison said...

They let 8-year-olds shoot guns? I can't picture you or your dad hunting.