CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 2, 2009

Green and Yellow belts


Jordan and Arlie had their Tae Kwon Do Test on December 8th to see if they could get their next belt. Sydney had her class first (and her test wasn't until the next week). I had a very stressful day, so I decided while Arlie and Sydney were at her class i'd take Jordan and run out and get some coffee so I could just sit back and enjoy watching them test (the tests go pretty long). While, on the way, we got detoured because of a bad accident and since it had just happened they were having the cars drive right past the accident to get them out of the way for the ambulances and fire trucks that were coming. Knowing that it probably looked scary, I asked Jordan how it made him feel. If he was scared at all, or if he was fine with it He asked if anyone got hurt. I said that there probably some that got hurt from looking at the vehicle. After I grabbed coffee, I said, "Jordan let's talk a little bit about that accident. What are you thinking about" He quickly responded, " I was thinking you'd say, Jordan let's talk about that accident, and ask me if i had any questions". Apparently it didn't affect him as much as I thought it might! ;)

We got back to his class to a worried Arlie (because it had taken much longer than we expected). However, the tests went good for both Jordan and Arlie and we were proud of them as they got their Green (Jordan) and Yellow (Arlie) belts! Way to go boys!




You have to break a board to pass the test. Jordan is the smallest and lightest in his class and on of the ones that broke a board. Several of his classmates didn't break theirs.



No comments: