CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Creative? or not so?

Something that I have a ton of fun doing is decorating cakes. I'm not great at it, but I love doing it. I love copying something that's already been done which is typically what I do. I'm a good copycat! Every year, one of my friends has me decorate a cake for her boys birthday parties. Typically I've found a cake pan that has a shape (which makes it easier) or a picture to copy. This year she showed me the invitation and a sticker and I was supposed to go off of that to do the cake. So...i free handed it...which I've discovered, may not be my gifting ;) The theme was rain forest because one of her boys loves moneys and the other frogs. This unfortunately wasn't my best work although I did try very hard! :)


The items to work from....


The final free handed product....

1 comment:

Allison said...

I think it's adorable. You have me beat hands down in this department! (I struggled with random squiggles on cupcakes!)