CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 7, 2008

Halloween Parade

Jordan's very favorite holiday is Halloween. This is a problem for me because I'm not sure how I feel about Halloween. Since I'm torn, I help him enjoy the "safe" and "fun" parts and try and discourage the scary parts. One thing his school always does is put on a Halloween parade which the kids line up and walk up and down the halls at school and let everyone see the cool costumes. It's very important to Jordan that I come and watch. It lasts about 5 minutes...or less and then they all pile into their classroom and take a class photo and take off there costumes. It's like getting kids bundled up to play outside and then after 5 minutes they decide to come back in. Good thing they appreciate it. They have a Halloween party at the end of the school day. Jordan thought that was pretty great. They got to do spooky crafts...like make a ghost candle and they even got candy. I asked Jordan who he thought had the best costume, he replied, "Me, of course, and then Patrick (who was the other transformer)." I like to think my son is not obsessed with transformers, but he reminds me that he really is a real transformer. He can even transform...make sure you ask him to next time you see him :) We made a list of all the cool costumes he can make for next year...some included a fly swatter, a toilet, a tube of tooth paste, a bush..etc. Next year could be really fun.

1 comment:

Allison said...

That's so great that it's important for him to have you there.