CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Deer Hunting

Exciting news this year... Arlie shot a six point buck. He was really looking forward to hunting and really wanted to shoot a deer since last year, he didn't get to. He called and told me about it, so when I got off the phone I told Sydney, "Daddy, got a six point buck". She thought for a moment, "Where?". "He was up at Grandma and Grandpa's" I replied. "Grandma with Gramps, or Grandma and Grandpa with the Hinckley house and Cabin" she asked. "Grandma and Grandpa out at the cabin. Grandma and Grandpa Norwood," I said. She thought again and said, "So it was Grandma that gave him the money?" "What money?" I asked. "The bucks?" Sydney relied a little exasperated that I didn't know what she was talking about since it was me who kept saying bucks. I laughed and then explained that a buck was a male deer or a boy deer. She said, "I wish he would've gotten a girl deer". I told her that he was shooting them for food and not keeping them. She then thought it was OK that it was a boy deer.

No comments: