CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Long time no see....


I've begun to reconnect with some of my cousins that I haven't seen or spoken to in a long time via Facebook. I've realized how bad of a cousin I've been when I started to think when the last time that I've actually seen my cousins on my dad's side (I think the last time I saw one of my cousins was when I was 10 and in my aunt and uncle's wedding...how sad is that!). I've been so happy to find them on facebook and have loved just hearing their little updates and being able to see pictures and comment back and forth. It's been wonderful.

I updated my facebook account that I was going out to Vegas for a conference. Matt, my cousin that I haven't seen since I was 10, saw it and asked about when I was going, what I was doing..etc. (He just recently moved down to AZ, although, where he moved is 6 hours from Vegas...I checked in hopes maybe my dad and I could rent a car and go and see him). He said that he has some continuing education classes he was probably going to take that weekend, but some friends of his were also going to be in Vegas the same time we were, so he might change his mind and come up there. I left my phone number with him and said we'd love to see him if he indeed came to Vegas!

We arrived in Vegas on Friday night. Saturday morning, I received a text from Matt saying that he decided to go to Vegas afterall and he'd love to get together sometime. I was so incredibly excited. I know he didn't come up there just for us, but I loved that he came when we were there! It meant SOO much to me. We decided to meet at Fat Burger for some lunch. He brought a friend of his and they were both so nice! I knew he had several friends that had come to Vegas so I assumed that he would eat lunch with us and then jet to hang out with his friends, but after lunch he asked if we wanted to go walk the strip or do something else. It was great. We went to Mandalay Bay to see the shark display, but decided after seeing that it would be about $20.00 each, to do something else. We ended up walking the Miracle Mile Shopping as well as seeing the Bellagio and Ceasar's Palace. We spent hours just talking and walking. My only regret is I didn't take the time to get to know him earlier in life. He's a great guy and so much fun! I'm so incredibly thankful that he took the time to see my dad and I and spend time with us! We finally had to leave to go to a show that we had gotten tickets for, but it was definately one of the highlights of my trip! We have such an amazing family, including cousins, and I'm just so fortunate to be a part of it.

No comments: