CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Mad Skills

Thanksgiving was such an incredibly relaxing weekend for us! We went up to my parents house in Grand Rapids and enjoyed 4 days of pure relaxation, family time and NO stress! It was WONDERFUL! On Thanksgiving day I was talking with Jordan who loves to hula hoop. Grandma has a great hula hoop and we decided to have a contest. I talk with Arlie (who claimed he was "amazing" in elementary school), my mom (who said she does it at the gym she works out in), dad and Jordan and we all decided to do it. The hula hoop was too big for Sydney so she couldn't do it...but she did try.

The Rules: We each got two tries. Time started when we first start the hula hoop and stops as soon as it drops. We can do consecutive tries or let others go and then go again. Jordan started. His first time was over 2 minutes. I was IMPRESSED! Then mom went...she got 1 min. 40 sec. I went next and got 1 min 14 sec. Arlie went next and got over 3 minutes (INCREDIBLE). Dad's hula hoop record was 3 seconds ;) So we all went again. Jordan's second time was over 6 minutes. That's right 6 minutes. That boy has got some skills! Mom made it over 2 minutes...the people in my family can hula hoop...that is, except for me :) I still only make it like 1 minute 38 sec or something silly like that. Jordan had the record...an impressive one at that. Then came Arlie.....who hula hooped and hula hooped and then hula hooped some more for over 15 minutes. I didn't even know it was possible. Can you believe it? over 15 minutes. He was most definately our winner :)

FYI: Jordan tried again the next day and hula hooped for over 10 minutes. Mad skills I tell you!

2 comments:

amanda said...

That is CRAZY! WOW! :)

And hey, thanks... this was a GREAT idea reminder, that we don't have a hula hoop, and Lilly had once asked for one.. I've been short ideas and am putting it on my Christmas list.

Somehow I don't think our family is very likely to have mad hula skills, though. ;)

Allison said...

PLEASE can we have a contest at the Carol Sing? I'm no good but it would be really fun to cheer for you guys!