CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 10, 2009

The worlds best breakfast in bed!

Arlie's birthday and Father's day happened to fall on the same day this year! Jordan is so sweet and always wants to do kind things like bringing us breakfast in bed. This day was no exception. The day before Arlie's birthday I had a wedding, but while I was gone, Jordan drew a diagram of what he needed for breakfast, figured out the dishes he would use and then proceeded to bring the dishes up to his room to place under his bed until the next morning. Sunday morning, my dad was sitting in our office (Arlie and I still in bed sleeping) and he heard this strange clanging noise. He come out of the office to investigate and saw Jordan almost stumbling down the stairs, eyes hardly open (about 7:15am) with the dishes for daddy's breakfast in bed. He walked over to my recipe cupboard and pulled out his "information". My dad being so smart, quickly went to grab the camera to capture these precious moments (thanks dad!). Arlie's breakfast included: Pickles, 40 precisely counted blueberries (because Arlie said he could eat 40 blueberries), a brat with ketchup, mustard and pickle relish, and my favorite, a carrot/mustard sandwich. He also had a bowl of honey nut cheerios with milk and a glass of milk. Jordan had some potatoes salad out.. He asked what would be a good way to do the potato salad. They talked about maybe putting it on bread. He got a spoon or fork to stir it....stirred it and said, "I can't use this..it's to gross" (or something close to that :) ). Sydney woke up right after Jordan got done making everything, just in time to help bring it up to Arlie. At 7:30ish, we woke up to kids bringing Arlie breakfast in bed (funny thing is, i was planning on having the kids help me do that about 2 hours later, but they beat me to it. My breakfast would not have been that original that is for sure!). Both kids looked so tired, that my dad was worried they wouldn't make it up the stairs with out dropping and spilling everything. They made it and they were very proud. What great kids we have!

Jordan studying his diagram! :)

No comments: