CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 12, 2009

Cakes

I was thinking this might be the year I end up buying cakes for the kids...or making just a simple delicious out of the box, flat frosting across the top, cake. However....my kids informed me that one of the things they look forward to the most is the cakes I make them. So...after 4 hours (much faster than previous years) their two cakes were made.


I showed Sydney her cat cake. She looked at it and smiled and then shrugged her shoulders. "Mom, on the picture it showed that the face part had curly things on it."

"Actually, I followed the picture pretty closely because you wanted it just like the picture. I'm pretty sure there is no curly things on the picture."

"Mom, I saw it. I know there was."
So...being the mom I am, I went and got the picture and said, "See honey, just like the picture." "Well...I still think the picture looks better than your cake."

I told her that I didn't need to make cakes for her if she didn't like them, to which she responded: "Mom, your cake is good, just not AS good as the picture. You can still make them for me." ;)

Good thing my daughter has a lot of OTHER good qualities :)


Jordan loved his cake and everything about it :)