CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Grandma Complex

So...when Sydney was about a year and a half, I was at Walmart and this lady comes up to me and say, "Oh, is that your granddaughter?" Now remember i'm only 25 or 26 at this point. Thinking that she must have said it wrong I asked her, "I'm sorry, what did you say?" Again she repeated, "Is that your granddaughter?" I just smiled and said, "Nope, this is my daughter". "Oh" she said with a kind of confused sound to her voice. I quickly went outside and (I believe Arlie was gone hunting) I called my mom and said, "Do I look old? Someone just asked if Sydney was my granddaughter." She calmed me down and said they were probably blind or insane ;) What a great mom I have.

Well...Sunday I was doing a photo shoot. There was a two year old that was part of this shoot. She thought I looked like her grandma...she called me grandma and she only wanted to sit with me (because she thought I was her Grandma). She kept saying, "I sit with grandma, I sit with grandma." The couple informed me that I shouldn't be insulted because their grandma looks really young and has short blonde hair. I'm not sure how to take this... I'm only 30 and I'm already being called grandma and my hair isn't even gray! ;) What's going to happen at 31.....

No comments: